How to back up computer registry?
Prior to editing a registry key, it is very important to ensure that you export a copy of the registry key safely to a folder on your hard drive. In the event you should make an editing mistake, you can safely return your operating system to normal with this backup copy. The following are the steps to take:
1. Go to Start --> Run. Type in: regedit [Enter] or click OK.
2. Locate and click to select the subkey that contains the value that you would like to edit.
3. Go up to the "File" option and select "Export".
4. In the "Save in" text box, choose an easy to find location to save your copied registry information. In the "File name" text box, name this whatever you would like.
5. Click Save.
1. If you want to restore the backup, you can go up to the "File" option and select "Import" instead of "Export".
2. You can also create a System Restore point to back up the registry.
|©1994 - 2010 Edusoftmax Inc. All rights reserved. Questions? Comments? Visitors:|